There’s no denying the atmosphere and immersion that Skyrim is capable of. And what better way to experience the otherworldliness than on a moody, rainy night. This is when I find the tranquil music of Skyrim is especially hard hitting.
- Game: Skyrim Special Edition
- Locations: Falkreath and Lake Ilinalta
- Platform: Switch, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, and PC
- Screenshots taken on Xbox Series X
Each of the screenshots below (click or tap to enlarge) were taken outside of Falkreath and around Lake Ilinalta during a particularly stark evening. I find that Lake Ilinalta is fantastic at setting the scene for a play session with its stillness enveloped by surrounding mountains. It’s also a great place for virtual photography and screenshots.
Slaughterfish can prove to be a bit of a nuisance when trying to maneuver through the lake, but it’s otherwise peaceful.
As per elderscrolls.fandom.com, some facts about Lake Ilinalta:
- Once believed to be haunted
- Feeds the longest river in Skyrim, the White River
- Structures have been lost to the lake over the years
- Malyn Varen settled his necromancer cult in the flooded ruins of the lake
These screenshots are from the vanilla version of Skyrim Special Edition played on my Xbox Series X. I performed no edits or modifications.
Lover of games, tech, nature, and strange electronic music. Shaped by Sega, PlayStation, Nintendo, and Xbox – platform agnostic ever since. Currently overwhelmed by choice on my Xbox Series X thanks to Game Pass.