Some quick notes from the Developer Direct:
- Release date for Forza Motorsport reboot isn’t concrete beyond “2023”, but the gameplay looked phenomenal
- Hi-Fi rush was dropped after the Developer Direct, and looks like the perfect addition to the Xbox library
- Things look business as usual for Elder Scrolls Online – a new expansion is due in the summer
- Redfall gameplay looked similar to what we’ve seen, and its gotten a release date of 5/2/23
- Minecraft Legends, releasing 4/3/23, looks like it has the potential to have a real hook with some of the details of its strategy focused gameplay still up in the air
- An IGN interview with Phil Spencer on 1/27/23 evokes a sense of modest optimism for Xbox’s output for 2023 (well worth a read)
The Xbox Developer Direct came and went a couple of days ago, and I have to say, it was refreshing. There weren’t any bombshells. Some information is still left up in the air (Forza Motorsport when?). But overall, it was nice to see a show that got right to it, and I’m hoping Xbox can continue the format on a semi-regular basis.